Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pull My Finger

Last night while hanging out with Daddy, our Little Girl invented a new game. It started with sticking her foot up like she wanted it kissed, then when he leaned over to kiss her toes, farting and flashing Daddy a grin like it was the funniest thing ever. Let's be honest. It probably was.

This afternoon, she had her 18 month check-up. (Already? The math must be wrong.) She grew almost 3 inches in the last 3 months and is up into the 90th percentile for height. However, she only gained a half pound and dropped to the 12th for weight. It seems that she is just going to be a tall string bean.

In other news, our Little Girl is walking all over, starting to really show a goofy sense of humor, and now uses about 6 signs mostly correctly.
Window shopping at the mall
("Milk" is this week's catch all for anything that she wants though. We will get there someday.....)

I have been working like crazy to find and test recipes for our garden goodness. It has been pretty exhausting. I did find a good one for butternut squash pie, and I have two batches of the pie filling frozen for later. Other than that, I have been making lots of spaghetti sauce and zucchini bread, and I am still working on making more pickles and trying out something to do with a lot of summer squash.

Charlie spent a day working on organizing the basement. It is absolutely fantastic! There is a huge open space now that I have totally taken over for drying clothes since the wind keeps blowing over my drying racks outside. I love when he has time off and uses it to make my life easier. (Now if only his instructors would assign less homework, so he could do more of my projects.....)

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment